Saturday, March 29, 2008

New driver...


we went birthday shopping for a new driver this week. 'Tis the season for the golf courses to start turning green and that means that Eric has "the itch". He is ready to get out on the course again. That means that I will continuously shake my head because I just can't bring myself to like the game and cannot understand what all the buzz is about. I tried to like it, I really did. A few years ago I went with my brother and Eric to golf 9 holes. Guess what I ended up doing because I was SO bored? I found myself taking pictures of blades of grass...yes blades of grass. It was at that point that I realized that I just needed to stop trying to like it and just accept the fact that perhaps golf isn't my thing. I will happily let it be Eric's thing as long as I don't have to go along for the 3 hour marathon rounds!
For Eric's birthday this year he wanted a driver. (side note: I promise you when we bought him a driver last year, it was the best thing since sliced bread and he said he was "set" with golf clubs for awhile. But I digress.) So this week we found ourselves looking for the next perfect driver since the definition of "awhile" seems to mean only a year at our house.
I admit, I only lasted about 5 minutes in Golf Galaxy before I left for Barnes and Noble. I returned an hour later to find him testing many clubs and even getting a swing analysis. He seems to think he has found the "perfect" club yet again. Don't ask me what he ended up with because I have no idea...I do know that I ended up with a coat though. If you're wondering about the coat, I'd be happy to tell you more about that. :) I had to shop while he was finishing his lesson! Come on, you didn't expect me to sit and listen to the analysis did you? Remember, I take pictures of blades of grass, I don't swing the club or have an intention of swinging the club...at least for "awhile" anyway. :)

No comments: