Sunday, April 27, 2008

April is cancer control month...


Below is the email I received from C and A's sister:

"April is cancer control month. Since we still have a few days left in it, will you please encourage your friends, co-workers, etc. to promote cancer awareness and help the cause to look for research to help in cancer prevention as well as cures? Attached is a photo I’ve uploaded on to my facebook page to generate awareness. It is the candle my siblings and I lit for my dad at last year’s relay for life. Would you please consider posting this as your Facebook pic or on any of your personal websites for a few days to help me promote this cause?

Thanks for any help you can give! Below is the blurb I placed on my profile.

April is cancer control month. Make sure to participate in your local Relay for Life or other benefit for survivors or those who've lost the battle. I'll be lighting a candle at the Relay for Life for my dad, Mark, who passed away from cancer on April 12, 2008."

This is the least I could do for you guys! Here's to kicking cancer's butt!

I will go ahead and put my own plug in too. Summer is almost here...don't forget to wear your sunscreen! Here's to kicking melanoma's butt!

No comments: