Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Ode to my GPS...

Ode to my GPS

GPS…I LOVE you! No really, I LOVE you! Without you I would not be here writing this today,.

Kansas City, I don’t understand you! No really, I DO NOT understand you. Why do you have approx. 5 million highways that all come together as one and as soon as they come together, they go back apart. You have hwy 71, hwy 56, hwy 435, hwy 35 and highway 5,209,300,786….not kidding! Why so many highways? And why does Google and my GPS call hwy 71, Bruce R Watkins Dr when no sign tells me so…the signs only tell me hwy 71. How is a girl to find her way?

GPS, I LOVE you! Not only do I love that you talk to me and tell me to “keep right, keep right” but you also draw this pretty little map for me as I go along. You even have this witty sense of humor that made me laugh as my knuckles were turning white. I REALLY needed some fuel to keep me going, I know GPS, you didn’t realize this and when I went off your track you told me to “make u-turn immediately, make u-turn immediately”. I love your sense of humor. However, I think I would have laughed harder if you would have said, “whip-a-s?!**!” instead…but the u-turn worked out just fine. Thank you for the perfect comic relief I needed at just the right time.

Not to worry, Kansas City, I haven’t written you completely off my radar screen just yet. Kansas City, you do give me hope. You give me hope that spring is on the way. I love seeing some of the trees blossoming on the Plaza as well as the tulips starting to make their appearance! Kansas City, you give me hope…but could you please work on the road issue before I return?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amen sista! I just bought one last weekend in preparation for my move to the Twin Cities. Although I don't think it's as bad as what KC is. As long as I don't think that 35E runs East and don't think that 35W runs West, I'll be ok. lol