Sunday, June 29, 2008

Pesky squirrels...

have found their way into our transformer TWICE in the last 24 hours!! Both times, we were hard at work and suddenly heard a loud boom followed by silence in our house. Both of us just sat and looked around for a bit until we put the pieces together and realized we had no power.
Let me tell you, this girl is addicted to power...addicted! I roamed aimlessly around the house and everything I thought I should do....involved power in some way, so I continued to roam aimlessly.
I'm not sure I should share this next story, but I am still laughing about it so I have to share.
Eric was sitting on the couch reading, when I walked up to him it looked a bit dark to be reading without light. So I asked him if he would like me to turn some light on for him and I headed for the switch. In his most sarcastic tone he said, "are you serious?" I said, "yes, I am willing to do something nice for you Mr. Sarcastic, do you want me to turn the light on?" To which he replied "are you serious" again. I said "YES! Do you want light?"
...and then it hit me. DUH!!! The only reason I am roaming around aimlessly and even noticing that he may need more light for reading is because WE DON'T HAVE ELECTRICITY!!!
I guess it's times like these that really make you appreciate what you take for granted! I LOVE me some electricity...so squirrels stay outta my 'hood and go take another neighborhood hostage with your antics!
P.S. Thank you Ames Utilities for calling to tattle on the squirrels and for getting us up and running in good time!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is a really funny story. Sounds like something I would do.

Matt said...

Too funny! Maybe we should introduce our snake to your squirrel!

Anonymous said...

haha That's awesome. We had the similar problem in our spare room that only has light if you plug a lamp in to a certain outlet. We knew this, but for the first week we STILL tried to TURN THE DANG LIGHT ON! lol Oh man. Oh, and I'll send Sofia and Abella over for the squirrels, they're having a hayday chasing ours!