Monday, June 9, 2008

Lakefront property!

That's right Mr. Assessor, come on over and show me how much the value of our house has increased in the last 24 hours! We have lake front property baby! What? The lake has to be permanent, not because of a flood? Shoot!! I guess we missed out on that windfall!

(this is the field looking southeast from our house)
The good news is that we have stayed relatively unaffected by all the water. Even though it is close to us, we are on a big enough hill that we are staying dry and the sump pump has cob webs in it!! Yay!! I HATE cob webs, but if that means the sump is dry I'm a happy girl! :)
I talked to some neighbors up the road today and they said that the floods of 1993 never even made it to our property line, so I hope that stays true for the floods of 2008!

(This is the baseball field to the east of our house. That yellow line is the top of fence to the field!)
This video is a little glimpse at how we spent the evening of our fifth anniversary! I know you are all jealous! :) This video totally does not do the weather justice that we drove through on Saturday night. The rain was hitting so hard that we couldn't even hear the thunder much less hear each other . We hydroplaned once and I thought we were headed straight for the ditch...yikes!!

No comments: