Monday, May 26, 2008

State Track

I don't know what it is about State Track, but I LOVE going every year!! The records that continue to get broken year after year just amaze me. It has been extra fun the last few years because cousin Kayla has been running. I don't know what it is with her, but she not only enjoys running around the track she REALLY enjoys upping the ante by running all the hurdle races. You know, the ones that have the spectators holding their breath with every jump...yeah those! She ran the 100m hurdles, the shuttle hurdle relay and, get this, the 400m hurdles! Honestly, I don't know who in their right mind thinks sprinting 1 full lap around the track is a good idea, much less sprinting along with jumping over a hurdle every now and then! Honestly, isn't that the craziest thing?!?! In case you didn't already draw the conclusion, I wasn't a trackster in high school. I lasted one year and then said I had enough! Perhaps it was because the coach had me run the 400m once...I'm not one who enjoys pain and the feeling that you'll never catch your breath again, it's just not for me! :)

Here's the rockstar herself as she finishes the 400m hurdles...


Yes, this was after the 400m hurdles, I didn't think it would even be possible to be smiling after such a race!

Way to go on a great year Kayla!!

No comments: