Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Sometimes I can be such a girl...

shoot! I just did such a "girl" thing when it comes to cars. Last week I noticed that when I was driving and coasting it felt like the break was going on and then I noticed that my RPM's jumped (come on you should be happy that I at least looked at that right!?!). So I stopped, put it in park and it seemed to "reset" itself so I went about driving with no more problems! Good problem solving I thought to myself!

So today, I'm driving and coasting and the same thing happens...of course I didn't have the shop's number in my phone so I had Eric call the shop to let them know I'd be rolling in but I didn't want to put it in park, because I knew that would "reset" the problem. So they were waiting for me when I showed up....BUT just as I showed up I wanted to bury my hands in my face and drive away! I WASN'T in DRIVE ladies and gentlemen! No! I was driving in L3 gear! DUH!!!!! So I tried to explain this to the tech as he's getting in my car and he listened, but we still took it on the road to "experiment". Sure enough...when you coast in L3, it feels like it's breaking...when you coast in drive, the world is a perfect place. Ladies, keep this in mind to save yourself the embarrassment! (And I want to know how I managed to put my car in L3 gear TWICE in one week and have never done it before that....EVER!)

On another note, we decided I do have some problems with the rotors and brake pads so it will be going back tomorrow for that...I guess the trip wasn't completely wasted....(and I could talk about something else car related rather than having to stay focused on the problem that wasn't!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Too funny! You are your mother's daughter!
Love you!
Mom