Sunday, April 5, 2009

Cooper

turned one! I cannot believe it has already been a year since we heard the news! I remember the first time I met him, he was the tiniest peanut....sooooo very tiny! Boy oh boy has he grown in the last year, he is one VERY busy boy now!
Photobucket
This is what many of images we captured look like....a flash of Cooper going one way or the other. He....does.....not....sit......still!
This is the excitement on his face when he finds his mommy...
Photobucket
and then he turns around and see his grandma....
Photobucket
Cooper is a man with a mission and there is NO way to stop him on his mission. You can't stop him, the only thing you can do is follow him and move things along the way before he either runs into them or grabs them. As much as my heart was racing watching him in action, it really was very funny. I have never seen a one year old with SO much determination! This is the look...and you know you can't stop him. This just makes me giggle when I look at it!
Photobucket
Can't you just see it in his eyes?!?! He's got something on his mind and there is no holding him back.

We thought having him opening a present would be a good distraction. When he opened it to find a jack in the box we were totally excited! I was ready capture a stunned reaction when the jack popped out of the box. Nope! Stunned and surprised SO did not happen. Cooper could have cared less about the jack popping out, he immediately went to work to try and figure out WHY it happened. I am not kidding! I could not believe it! We have a little smarty pants on our hands!
Photobucket

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
Photobucket

Let the party begin!

It started with Cooper's favorite....spaghetti supper! He fully indulged...
Photobucket

Birthday's are fun for all the kids when there's a one year old in the house because EVERYONE gets to open presents!
Photobucket

Sing it with me, "Happy Birthday to Cooper..."
Photobucket

And finally, Cooper's first taste of Grandma Marcia's mouth-watering-oh-so-delicious cake! When she walked in the door, one of the kids said with a big sigh of relief, "oh good, you brought the cake!" :)
Photobucket

Cooper, Cooper, Cooper, where in the world do I start?!?! You made me laugh, gasp, giggle and sweat but boy oh boy were we so happy to be there for your first birthday party! You are such a sweet little boy and we look forward to continue to watch you grow and grow! We love you cousin Cooper David!

No comments: