Wednesday, July 23, 2008

RAGBRAI in '09?


RAGBRAI came through town yesterday...it was SO exciting! I got so caught up in the moment...SO caught up that I even thought that we should do it next year! So I started observing a bit more closely and started coming up with a shopping list.

It went something like this...

I saw a dad and his son on a tandem...that would be perfect! The son looked like he was having a great time, even taking both hands off the handle bars and waving to everyone...definitely looks like a gig I could handle...as long as Eric was in front. :)

THEN I saw a tandem with the reclining type seats...that would be even more perfect, I added that to my list.

(Not done yet) THEN I saw a trike bike with the reclining seat...I was in awe...and love.

(Still not done) THEN I thought about what my ultimate bike/shopping spree would be. It would be a tandem with reclining seats AND 3 wheels...that is how I want to go on RAGBRAI! Sounds posh doesn't it?

And then I started noticing the "get-up"...and that included spandex shorts and shirts. That's where my dream of RAGBRAI fell apart.

P.S. I told Eric and my dreams for the day and his only response was, "so who would the tandem with reclining seats and 3 wheels be PERFECT for?" :)

Have any of you ever gone on RAGBRAI? I'm so curious how you made it all the way across the state! Tell me more!

1 comment:

donna said...

i know a guy that's riding in it this year. you said hi to him, right? he's pretty hard core though...so i don't think he would join you in your tandem dream. pretty sure his sights are set on beating lance. :)