Sunday, July 6, 2008

Houdini

We were driving back from the weekend in Okoboji when we heard some rustling in the back. As I turned around to see what the dogs were up to I found Punk waking on the ground and starting to make a jump to the front seat! Now, to many of you, I’m sure you’re wondering why this is blog worthy….WELL, our dogs sit in their doggy seat when traveling…securely buckled in. The word now in question is “securely”.
Is the seat still secure or do we have the next Houdini on our hands?!?!? We have no clue how he escaped from the seat…when we left, I buckled him in…15 minutes later he was snuggled on my lap with no help from me!
Maddoxx was mad at first being the only one left in the seat. She quickly adjusted to enjoying the seat all to herself!
She generally takes up ¾ of the seat and leaves Punk to curl up in the tiny little space she leaves for him. I think Punk is now enjoying the larger real estate that my lap has to offer!

(On a side note…Punk has mentioned he is interested in trying an underwater escape next, the doggy seat proved to be less than challenging. We’ll keep you posted.)

Punk really enjoyed his little vacation...he ate MORE than a 2 lb. puppy should eat in three weeks! Here he is really enjoying helping himself to grandpa's licorice...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is a really cute pic of Punk and your dad

Anonymous said...

Cute! And to think people thought WE were crazy for having "seatbelts" for our dogs. Now I know I'm not alone. :) Ours have not managed to get out, rather find very binding and uncomfortable positions within them.