Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Finally able to visit again!


Punk was recovering well and the doctor felt that he was ready to see visitors again....yay!! I went to visit him at noon by myself because I couldn't wait until the evening when Eric got home. :) He was SO excited to see me. He practically jumped out of the student doctor's arms and into mine. He was so cute and just snuggled his head into my neck. I sat with him for a bit and could tell he wasn't feeling quite himself as he kept moaning and I have never heard those noises come from him before. But the good news is that he was looking and acting a lot better than when we saw him on Sunday...so things are looking up overall....yay!!
I didn't even think about him needing to get shaved for his surgery so I was a little surprised when I saw that a quarter of his body had been shaved! Petting skin is just plain weird! :) You can see his bare skin in the above picture. Eric took this picture when we both went back to see him this evening. He was SO tired that he was falling asleep with his head up. Poor little guy! We gently laid his head down on me and he crashed. The student doctor said there are a lot of loud dogs there now, so he isn't sleeping much.
This picture is a self portrait I took at noon. :) Me and my little Punker!

Man, I love that little guy!

1 comment:

Matt said...

It's good to see the little guy on the road to recovery! And thanks for the ice cream cake recipe!! (And our waistlines thank you too!)