Friday, July 2, 2010

LaTonya

Photobucket
I am seriously at a loss for words....I have so many thoughts in my mind, but I can't seem to form a complete sentence. Bear with the rambling as I attempt to begin to describe LaTonya. :)

Our friendship started WAY back when, I don't recall a year or grade in school when we met, it just feels like we have known eachother FOREVA! LaTonya was the one who always had it together in school...she was smart, she was athletic, she was beautiful, she was friends with everyone...she was LaTonya
Photobucket!

Onto college we went in 1999 and we both ended up at the University of Northern Iowa. Our second year of college we decided we MUST move off campus. So off we went, 5 girls in a 2-bedroom apartment! It was an experience none of us will EVER forget! After a year, we moved again, but we got smarter and realized we didn't have to live like sardines....only 3 of us moved to a 2 bedroom apartment. :)

We had our fun and wouldn't trade our college experience for anything! We were young, we were naive and we LOVED every second of our time there. Before long, we graduated and moved our separate ways. Eric and I moved to Ames and LaTonya, well, she traveled....and she traveled and then she traveled some more! New York, Europe, Colorado, Australia, back to Europe and she has now made her home and started her real estate business in Denver.

Imagine my surprise when just days after my 30th birthday, the doorbell rang and there was my best friend LaTonya standing on my doorstep in Ames, IA!!!! She flew in for the weekend to surprise me for my birthday!!! All work was set aside and we hung out....just like the days in our apartment as roommates....it felt the exact same and we didn't skip a beat....I loved every second of it!
Photobucket

The day she was ready to leave, we went out for a quick little photo session. It was her first experience in front of the camera with me behind the camera. :) She really thought we were just going to the backyard for 2 pictures.....HA! Boy did I trick her when we went to the park and I wouldn't stop taking pictures! :)
Photobucket

LaTonya - I can't thank you enough for being the friend you are! I love that anytime we talk or see each other, it still feels like we are roommates and haven't missed a thing! You are such a great friend and I am so happy we get to share life with each other! Thank you, thank you, thank you for surprising me with the best present ever!!!!

No comments: