Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Thoughts and Prayers

Photobucket

Please keep the Anderson family in your thoughts and prayers. I just received a text this morning with the most awful news. Susan Anderson very suddenly and completely unexpectedly passed away in her sleep last night.
My mind went spinning, how is this possible? I still have her emails in my inbox, her order was just delivered last week. She could not have been taken from her family and friends already.

And then I was quickly reminded why we love what we do so much. I am so thankful that we were able to spend an hour with their family last month and capture these moments. At the time, these moments seemed simple and normal, now they are priceless moments captured for a family to treasure forever. It brings a smile to my face now knowing that I kept Susan and Barry hugging for just those few extra seconds so that I could get "just one more picture". This is such a great reminder and I will forever continue to have families "hug it out" in honor of Susan and a life taken far too soon.
Photobucket

I do have to share a story about Susan in my very short time of knowing her. The majority of our "conversations" took place via email....and trust me we shared a lot of emails! But the one thing that always stuck out to me with her emails is that she never signed off as Susan. Her sign off was ALWAYS, "Love, the Andersons" I'm fairly certain it wasn't an automatic signature line, I truly believe she signed every email that way....as her family. It always made me smile.

To Barry, Jacob, Joel and the Ponca famly - Our thoughts and prayers are with you during this very difficult time. We are forever grateful you have invited us into your families and loved that we were able to capture these very special memories for you. Hugs to you all!

No comments: