Thursday, March 12, 2009

Update...

the more I've been thinking about the post below, I realized that it probably brought questions to your mind if your files were safe. I thought I should re-assure you that all files have been backed-up (more than once) and nothing has been lost (other than the screen!) :) Our system has worked!

The word we got today from repair is that it is the logic board (motherboard) that needs to be replaced. I'm thanking my lucky stars that we bought the 3 year extended warranty for it because the research I've done online looks like it averages $1000 - $2000 to repair on your own....YIKES!! Or would have that been a good excuse to get a new macbook pro with the cool new trackpad? Hmmmm????? :) (This is where Eric would say, Kaaaaaren......) Ask him to do it next time you see him, he's got the tone down to a certain pitch.....and then I just say, "But Eric....." and then go into some really great rationalization why what I'm trying to explain would make perfect sense. It really is quite comical. Don't you wish you were a fly on our wall?

Let this be a reminder to all....remember to create back-ups for yourself! Generally there is no warning of a failure...it just happens :(

No comments: