Wednesday, March 11, 2009

A little dark for my liking...


as in there are no lumens coming from my laptop screen, None, zippo, zilch, zero. I talked with Apple support and did what Eric calls "finger twister". You start up and shut down the computer multiple times while pressing 4 keys at the same time that are no where near each other....finger twister.

Conclusion = it's time to go see the Apple doctor. Now, I was always told that an apple a day keeps the doctor AWAY! So much for that theory!

We went on a hunt for a VGA to VGA cable to be able to hook the laptop up to a TV screen so I could at least do some work. Best Buy was a bust, they were all out. We were on our way to Staples when we remembered Radio Shack was on the way. They closed at 8 and it was 7:52....I bailed out of the car and ran in. I did a quick loop and didn't see one. I went and stood as close to the counter as I could just waiting to ask my question and it came out something like this...ineedavgatovgacabledoyouhavethem? He understood me somehow and even raised his arms in the air like he was as excited as I was about the find!

I do have to say it was a good thing that right before I bailed out of the car, Eric got me up to speed on the lingo... he said I needed to ask for a male to male cable. Good thing! Because the only thing in my head before that was that we needed the "pokey side" to "pokey side" kind of cable. Now wouldn't have that just been an embarrassing conversation for all involved?!?!

Bad news is that we just tried it and it won't work! :( We can get Eric's laptop to show up on a TV screen, but not mine :(

Off to the doctor we go!

No comments: