Monday, January 12, 2009

Our final Christmas of 2008

was this past weekend. (I know, I know, we seem to have fallen off the face of the earth again!) This was the annual Hatting Christmas that always happens in January....on the worst winter weekend, it never fails. Friday afternoon we knew we had a 3 hour drive ahead of us....4 1/2 hours later we were FINALLY there! It was a marathon trip and the weather totally stunk. I was very happy to just be a passenger and able to Facebook to keep my mind off what Eric was driving through! Some of you followed my updates on Facebook...add me as a friend to get involved in all the excitement next time. :)

While I didn't take any pictures during present opening, we did all head outside for some family shots. It was the perfect setting with the fresh snowfall....but it was a little interesting getting out to the location...

We let dad and uncle Kirk brave the knee deep snow first.

Wouldn't you just die if I showed up to another photo shoot like this?!?! I didn't have to be in any of the pictures because Matt and Laura couldn't make it back so we have to have a make-up date. :) So I got away with being all "geared" up for a photoshoot. Uncle Kirk took care of me and found those beauties on my feet...you can't make this up!


Why not have a snowball fight in the middle of a photo session?



After all of that, we finally got down to business...here are the 3 brothers (betcha couldn't tell they were brothers...oh wait!) and their wives.


Here's the baby of the brothers and his family...

And the oldest of the brothers and his family...

That leaves my dad as the middle....and our family wasn't all there. :( Here we are at Thanksgiving though!

This is how Matt and Laura joined us for Christmas this year...online via Skype! If you have never tried it, you have to! It was really cool!

And that, my friends, brings Christmas 2008 to a close!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You guys are awesome!!!
Thanks for the great pictures!!!
They are super!!
I'm sure it makes your photo sessions pretty dang easy when you have a group that looks and acts like we do when we are together !!! Ha Ha Ha LOL
Uncle Kirk

Anonymous said...

Those are soo fun!! Thanks again guys for everything!! Can't wait to see the finshed product when you guys get yours taken! What a good time we all had ;)

Cousin Erin

Anonymous said...

that was so much FUN!!!!!! Thanks for taking the pictures they look fabulous.

Cousin,
and Godchild,
Rose

Anonymous said...

I personally like your shoes! I couldn't be a prouder Mom! Thanks for taking the pix! Love you,
Mom