Monday, January 26, 2009

One year ago...


we were on our way to a farm west of Des Moines to just "look" at a puppy named Punk. We brought Maddoxx along with us to feel out the situation. You see, just a few days before this I got puppy fever. It wasn't the first time this has happened. But every other time (fyi: we could have 20 dogs by now), Eric would ignore my pleas for another dog. For whatever reason, January 2008 was different. I sent some links of puppies to Eric and before I knew it, he was shooting links right back at me! YIKES!! There was no turning back, he was on board too!

It wasn't long before he found a tiny little puppy named Punk. We just had to meet him! As usual, once we scheduled the meeting and were on the road to see him, I got sick. The same exact thing happened with Maddoxx. I just work myself up so much wondering if we can really handle the responsibility (you now understand why there are only dogs, no kids yet?!?!). I mean, we have to remember to feed and water then EVERY day, train them how to go outside, and no more spur of the moment over night trips. YIKES! That's a big commitment, for a couple of fly by the seat of your pants type of people! :)

Despite ALL we have been through with Punk in the last year, we love having Punk in our family and couldn't have it an other way! He knows how to push Maddoxx to the limit and we have loved watching Maddoxx accept Punk more and more all the time. They are finally snuggling on the same doggy bed even though there are 2 beds to be used....progress? YES and I'm lovin'it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awwww...we love Punk too...even though we've never met him in person! I'm sure he makes a great little brother to Maddoxx. :) By the way...we have the same perspective on kids. haha