Sunday, May 24, 2009

State Champ!

Cousin Kayla and her team rocked it in the class 1A shuttle hurdle to grab gold at the state track meet yesterday! It was so fun to be there and watch her run! Fierce, she is one fierce competitor...I think she might kill me if I post some of her awesome facial expressions Eric captured, so I will post this awesome one of her basking in the glory of a big win!
Photobucket
While Eric was on the field capturing all the excitement, I was enjoying my time relaxing in the stands. Uncle Kirk, well, you could say that relaxing isn't his thing when he's getting ready for his daughter to run :)
Photobucket
But his intensity gets better...(see me texting? I was texting Eric to tell him to take a pic of Kirk in all his nervous glory. :)
Photobucket
After the big win in the shuttle hurdle relay, she was also running the final of the 100m hurdle. She qualified 3rd and placed 3rd in the final! Here she is on the home stretch...
Photobucket
On Friday she also ran the 400m hurdles and placed 8th and set the new school record! She took home 3 medals for her final state meet....that only means one thing....you gotta deal with the press after such a successful season! :)
Photobucket
Way to go Kayla!! We are so proud of you and were so happy we could be there to cheer you on!! See you at graduation in a couple hours! :)

No comments: